Sunday, June 3, 2007

I hate responsibilty. It's this really big word that parents keep throwing at you when you least expect it, and it doesn't make things easier when it's something as life-changing (wait, is that a word?) as college admissions.
Which is actually the reason for this post, come to think of it. The holidays are over (technically they aren't, but I was never good with technicalities anyway.) So now I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to be doing with the rest of my life. "Tomar bhobishhot khubi jhorjhore!", I seem to remember hearing at some vague point in the past. Wasn't to me though, but all things considered, it wouldn't be far from my condition.
Don't get me wrong here - it's not that I don't care. Not when it's a matter of my future. Just wish there weren't so many decisions to make. Decisions scare me. ("Ah", said the psychoanalysts, and scribbled in their notebooks. "Decisions scare him. Interesting.")
So it's back to racking my already well-racked brains, wondering which way I'm headed, that sort of crap. The kind of thing that I'm really really bad at.
Then again, it is my responsiblity. Oh yes, this should be a lot of fun.

12 comments:

Achluophobia said...

Oh well, I can only say I can connect to whatever you try to say. Besides that, I linked your blog, thanks for the nagging.

little boxes said...

hmm...ineresting piece...
but the weird thing about responsibility is they dont even ask for your permission-they just fling themselves at you and then you have nothing else to do but stoop under them...bleh!
i hate them too!
nice blog though...

heh? ok said...

just gets worse..

Rajarshi said...

let's face it mindebender...life kind of sucks, especially at this crucial juncture where we get kicked out of our nests and must learn to fly

Kush said...

There is solace though. You aren't alone bud.

little boxes said...

tagged your blog to mine...

angeleyes said...

we all have gone thru the "tomar bhobishot jhorjhore" part more than once (as 4 me once evryday)... but hey who knows wut the future holds 4 us?????

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
new age scheherazade said...

jhorjhore holeo will be fun. you've got a sense of humour.

Shiv said...

responsibility is an abstratc concept.......it has no physical significance...it cannot be thrust on anyone...one fine day you are going to wake up and clean your room........that you day you attain enlightenment.....sorry....i meant you become responsible.....for enlightenment....u need to clean your heart...mind and your room.......not easy that!!!!!!!!!

Kush said...

About time we had an update, don't you think?. You are getting lazy!

Trish. said...

hello,
love your blog.
a big improvement from your "today i woke up at 6 o'clock" secret diary. which i read by the way, a couple of years ago.
anyway, this entry made me so happy that i have another year and a half to go before worrying about what you're worrying about so thanks for that!
update soon!